Self-care is often relayed simply as relaxing alone time. While this absolutely fits the bill, self-care can look different for everyone. It can also include fun activities that we enjoyed in the past, or exploring new things. Here are some ideas to consider.
1. Knit or crochet.
2. Tie die clothing or tapestries.
3. Watch cartoons, or another nostalgic TV show.
4. Play a board game.
5. Try an adult coloring book.
6. Paint a picture.
7. Make a collage of photos.
8. Bake something delicious.
9. Make a cozy beverage, such as hot chocolate or a tea latte.
10. Play 20 questions with family and friends.
11. Dance to your favorite music.
12. Dive back into an old favorite book, or read something new.
13. Play with your pet.
14. Hula hoop.
15. Play a card game or online solitaire.
16. Do a puzzle.
17. Jump rope.
18. Play an instrument.
Information gathered & adapted from:
Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips and Raisins
3 ripe bananas
3 egg yolks
5 tablespoons butter, softened
1 cup sugar
6 ounces plain Greek yogurt
½ cup chocolate chips
½ cup raisins
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1.In a large bowl or mixer combine the ripe bananas, egg yolks, butter, sugar, yogurt, chocolate chips, and raisins. Blend well. Add the flour and baking soda and once again blend well.
2.Butter a loaf pan and pour the batter in the prepared pan.
3.Bake 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick test inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean.
Serving Size: 10 servings
Nutrition Information per Serving: 10 grams total fat, 5 grams saturated fat, 45 grams carbohydrate, 2 grams fiber, 6 grams protein, 103 milligrams sodium, 203 milligrams potassium, 18 grams sugar
Recipe adapted from: