- You are hungry all the time.
- You think you can only be happy if you are smaller.
- You go back and forth between “cheat days” and “being good”.
- You follow strict food rules.
- You binge or are often fighting the urge to binge.
- You are easily irritated or moody.
- You no longer get your period.
- You have lost your sense of hunger.
- You are anxious or depressed.
- You think you need to restrict and/or exercise as punishment.
- You are often very tired.
- You no longer find pleasure in eating.
- You make plans around your diet.
- Your feelings of self-worth and confidence change based on what the scale says.
- You are just so sick of the dieting cycle.
|Butternut Squash Salad with Candied Walnuts|
2 cups butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
4 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 cup walnuts
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 teaspoons honey
Salt and pepper to taste
4 cups baby spinach
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 425° F. Toss butter nut squash with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for 15-25 minutes or until fork tender and slightly browned.
2. Melt butter in a sauce pan over medium heat. When the butter it bubbling, stir in brown sugar, followed by walnuts. Stir frequently until coated for about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool completely.
3. Whisk together vinegar, honey, remaining olive oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl to make dressing.
4. Combine spinach, squash, walnuts, cranberries in a bowl and toss with salad dressing.
Optional toppings: Grilled chicken, grilled shrimp, feta or goat cheese crumbles.
Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
Nutrition Information per Serving: 335.1 calories, 20.6 grams total fat, 5.2 grams of saturated fat, 41.4 grams carbohydrate, 5.9 grams fiber, 4.3 grams protein, 83.4 milligrams sodium, 391.1 milligrams potassium, 25.8 grams sugar