All About Apples
- Pair an apple with peanut butter or sharp cheese as a snack.
- Slice apples onto your morning oatmeal or pancakes.
- Top pork at dinner with applesauce.
- Poach apples and have with ice cream or yogurt as a sweet treat.
- Add to burgers or sandwiches for a sweet crunch.
- Use dried apples in trial mix or granola.
|Easy Apple Crisp|
1/2 cup rolled oats
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup cold butter
5 cups apples, peeled, cored and sliced into wedges
1. Lightly spray a 10″ x 10″ microwave-safe baking dish with cooking oil.
2. In a medium size mixing bowl, stir together the oats, flour, brown sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
3. With a pastry blender, cut in the cold butter until crumbly.
4. Add in sliced apples to the baking dish.
5. Sprinkle topping evenly over the apples.
6. Cook on high, uncovered, in the microwave for 15 minutes.
7. Cool at room temperature. Serve warm or cold depending on preference!
Serving Size: 1/8 recipe
Nutrition Information per Serving: 185 calories, 6 grams total fat, 3.5 grams of saturated fat, 38 grams carbohydrate, 3 grams fiber, 2 grams protein, 25 milligrams sodium, 66 milligrams potassium, 19 grams sugar
Recipe adapted from: https://cookeatshare.com/recipes/apple-crisp-microwave-quick-591449