What is HAES?
- Accept and respect all bodies, no matter their shape or size.
- Health and well-being includes physical, social, spiritual, occupational, emotional, and mental parts of life.
- Health and well-being are achievable for people of all body sizes.
- Eating should balance nutritional needs, hunger, fullness, appetite, and pleasure from food.
- Avoid exercise that is not enjoyed or for a weight loss goal.
Olive oil cooking spray
1/2 cup whole wheat panko breadcrumbs
1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
2 Tablespoons finely grated Parmesan cheese
1 egg, beaten
Salt, to taste
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
3 medium zucchini
1. Preheat oven to 425° Fahrenheit. Line baking sheet with aluminium foil and coat with cooking spray.
2. Put panko breadcrumbs in a shallow bowl. Mix in Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese.
3. In a separate bowl, add beaten egg. Season both bowls with salt and pepper.
4. Cut each zucchini into horizontal pieces to make the “fries”.
5. Dip each zucchini piece into the egg mixture, and then into panko mixture, coating completely. Place on baking sheet.
6. Bake for 15 minutes, turn. Bake for another 15 minutes, until outside is crispy and browned.
7. Eat fries by themselves or dip them in marinara sauce. Enjoy!
Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
Nutrition Information per Serving: 41 calories, 1 grams total fat, 0.5 grams of saturated fat, 5.4 grams carbohydrate, 1 grams fiber, 2.5 grams protein, 67 milligrams sodium, 62 milligrams potassium, 0 grams sugar
Recipe adapted from: