- You say no to social gatherings where food will be served.
- You purposely avoid certain food groups.
- You feel you were “good” or “bad” based on what you ate.
- You don’t go out to eat or pick up food because you don’t know exactly what’s in it.
- You feel like you must weigh and measure everything you eat.
- You deny yourself food when you are hungry.
- You are constantly searching for ideas of how to eat “cleaner” or “healthier.”
|Tofu Stir Fry with Noodles|
Shake-in-a-jar Stir Fry sauce:
1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
2-3 Tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 cup water
2-3 Tablespoons white vinegar
1 teaspoon chili paste
Stir Fry Basics:
7 ounces brown rice noodles
1, 14 ounces package tofu
1 Tablespoon olive oil for sauteing
3-4 cup chopped vegetables (carrots, napa cabbage, bok choy, onion, snap peas)
2 cloves minced garlic
peanuts, cilantro, and lime for serving
1. Sauce: Shake all sauce ingredients together until smooth.
2. Noodles: cook noodles based on package directions.
3. Tofu: press tofu with paper towels to remove excess water. Cut tofu into cubes. In a nonstick skillet over medium high heat, fry tofu with a little olive oil until golden brown on all sides. Add a little sauce to get a nice browned crust. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
4. Veggies: In the same pan, add vegetables and garlic. Stir fry over medium high heat until tender-crisp, about 4-5 minutes.
5. Assemble: Drain noodles. Add them to the pan with the vegetables. Add half the sauce and stir fry until thoroughly mixed. Add tofu. Serve immediately. Top with peanuts, cilantro, and lime.
Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
Nutrition Information per Serving: 419 calories, 14 grams total fat, 2 grams of saturated fat, 55 grams carbohydrate, 4 grams fiber, 14 grams protein, 711 milligrams sodium, 453 milligrams potassium, 6 grams sugar
Recipe adapted from: