Benefits of Peppermint Tea and Extracts
1. Helps with digestion. Can relieve common digestive symptoms like gas, bloating and indigestion. Prevents smooth muscles from contracting, which may lessen spasms in the gut.
2. Helps with tension headaches and migraines. The menthol in peppermint oil increases blood flow. It also provides a cooling sensation. This may help relieve some of the tension when applied to the temples.
3. Helps clogged sinuses. Has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and anti-viral properties. The menthol may help increase airflow in the nasal cavity.
4. Ease menstrual cramps. In one study, peppermint extract capsules were found as effective as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
5. Help with bacterial infections. Peppermint oil has been shown to kill certain types of bacteria. Including food-borne illnesses and contagious illnesses.
|Chocolate Peppermint Kiss Cookies|
Servings: 24 cookies
1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 large egg
24 white chocolate peppermint Hershey’s kisses, unwrapped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place half of semi sweet chocolate chips in the bowl and microwave for 1 minute until melted.
3. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt into a small bowl and set aside.
4. Beat the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla in a mixing bowl until creamy.
5. Beat the melted chocolate and egg into the butter and sugar mixture.
6. Take the bowl that was set aside with the flour and gradually add to the mixing bowl.
7. Stir in the remaining semi sweet chocolate chips.
8. Bake for 10 minutes and remove from the oven.
9. Press a kiss into each cookie and let cookie cool completely on wire rack before serving.
Serving Size: 1 cookie
Nutrition Information per Serving: 184 calories, 9.8 grams total fat, 6 grams of saturated fat, 25 grams carbohydrate, 1.8 grams fiber, 2.7 grams protein, 58.4 milligrams sodium, 17.4 milligrams potassium, 19.1 grams sugar
Recipe adapted from: https://cookeatshare.com/recipes/chocolate-peppermint-kiss-cookies-651934