Staple Dinner Ideas
|Sweet Potato and Black Bean Quesadilla|
1 10 ounce bag of frozen steamable sweet potato chunks
1 (15.5 ounces) can Black beans, drained and rinsed
1 Tablespoon of low sodium taco seasoning
4 8 inch whole wheat tortillas
1 1/2 cup mexican shredded cheese
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup salsa
1. Steam sweet potatoes per directions on the bag. Set aside to cool.
2. Heat a medium skillet over medium heat.
3. Mix beans, sweet potato and taco seasoning together in a bowl and toss.
4. Divide mixture among tortillas and top evenly with cheese. Fold each tortilla in half over filling.
5. Add oil to skillet and place 2 quesadillas at a time in the pan. Cook for 2 minutes on each side. Repeat with remaining quesadillas.
6. Enjoy quesadilla with salsa for dipping
Serving Size: 1 quesadilla
Nutrition Information per Serving: 368 calories, 20 grams total fat, 9.8 grams of saturated fat, 32 grams carbohydrate, 10 grams fiber, 17 grams protein, 640 milligrams sodium, 680 milligrams potassium, 3.5 grams sugar
Recipe adapted from: