How to Have a Peaceful Thanksgiving
5. Say yes to dessert … if you want it. So often we place holiday sweets in the “no” category. This can backfire and make us want them more, leading to over-eating . Remember that there is a time and place to healthfully indulge. Allow your self to enjoy that slice of pie or favorite cookie without guilt.
|Roasted Root Vegetables|
4 cloves minced garlic
2 Tablespoons chopped shallots
2 Tablespoons parsley, chopped
1/2 cup olive oil
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a small saucepan, cook garlic, shallots, and parsley in olive oil.
3. Add all cut up vegetables to a large sheet pan. Coat in flavored olive oil.
4. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Cover and bake for 45 minutes.
6. Remove cover, turn oven up to 425 degrees and cook for another 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are lightly browned.
7. When done, sprinkle with paprika.
Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Nutrition Information per Serving: 180 calories, 9 grams total fat, 1.3 grams of saturated fat, 23.5 grams carbohydrate, 4 grams fiber, 2.5 grams protein, 327 milligrams sodium, 577 milligrams potassium, 5 grams sugar
Recipe adapted from: https://cookeatshare.com/recipes/garlic-butter-pan-roasted-root-vegetables-621687