Hunger and Fullness Guide
stomach feels empty
stomach feels full
eating slows down
thinking about food
|Strawberry Caprese Salad|
3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
1 small garlic clove, minced
1 tablespoon light brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
1 (8-oz.) tub fresh small mozzarella cheese balls
4 cups halved fresh strawberries
Garnish: thinly sliced fresh basil
1. Whisk together white balsamic vinegar, minced garlic, brown sugar, salt, and black pepper in a large bowl until sugar is dissolved.
2. Add olive oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly until smooth.
3. Add 1/3 cup chopped basil and mozzarella cheese balls. Toss to coat.
4. Cover and chill for 2 hours.
5. Stir in strawberries. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Serve over fresh arugula or as an appetizer with toasted bread slices.
7. Garnish with thinly sliced fresh basil. Enjoy!
Serving Size: 1/6th of recipe
Nutrition Information per Serving: 166 calories, 11 grams total fat, 3 grams of saturated fat, 11 grams carbohydrate, 2 grams fiber, 6.8 grams protein, 104 milligrams sodium, 186 milligrams potassium, 7.6 grams sugar
Recipe adapted from: