1. Reduce inflammation. Can relieve inflammation in the gut as well as joints. Helpful for people with arthritis and inflammatory bowel disease.
2. Lower risk for heart disease. Studies have shown that pomegranate juice can improve blood flow. It can also reduce the buildup of plaque and cholesterol in arteries.
|Apple and Pomegranate Smoothie|
Servings: 2 smoothies
1 cup plain greek yogurt
1/2 cup milk (or alternative milk)
1 apple, cubed
1 cup pomegranate seeds
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup ice cubes
1. Place yogurt, milk, apple, pomegranate, cinnamon, and ice into a high powered blender.
2. Blend on high for 1 minute or until smooth.
3. Pour smoothie into two glasses.
4. Serve immediately.
Serving Size: 1 smoothie
Nutrition Information per Serving: 233 calories, 2.7 grams total fat, 1 grams of saturated fat, 35 grams carbohydrate, 6 grams fiber, 12.4 grams protein, 63 milligrams sodium, 510 milligrams potassium, 27 grams sugar
Recipe adapted from: https://cookeatshare.com/recipes/apple-and-pomegranate-smoothie-811137