Will I gain weight working towards Intuitive Eating?
2. Use positive affirmations to stay positive. Here are some examples.
- I am more than my weight.
- I am worthy of recovery.
- My body deserves to be treated with dignity and respect regardless of its size.
- My body radiates beauty and strength.
- My body will carry me wherever I want to go.
Affirmations will help you stay positive to continue your journey and not stray back to dieting or restricting.
3. Get rid of clothing that does not fit. This includes underwear and those jeans you keep in the back of your closet because maybe you’ll fit back into them one day. Wearing tight, poorly fitting clothes is guaranteed to make you feel uncomfortable in your changing body.
4. Learn about the science. Pursuing health behaviors like intuitive eating and joyful movement are keys to long term health, not your body size. The Health at Every Size Model is based off this concept. Looking further into these ideas can help you start to realize that size and health are not exclusively linked.
5. Change up your social media feed. Get rid of images that do not serve you well. Instead, fill your feed with images of all body shapes and types.
Information gathered & adapted from:
|Baked Eggplant Parmesan|
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
2 large eggs
2 Tablespoons water
3/4 cup Italian whole wheat bread crumbs
1/3 cup parmesan cheese
2 Large eggplants, sliced into 1/2 inch rounds
1 jar of chunky tomato sauce
11/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Season flour with salt and pepper in a small bowl. Whisk together eggs and 2 tablespoons of water in a shallow bowl. In another bowl, combine breadcrumbs and parmesan.
2. Dip eggplant slices in flour using one hand, then dip into egg mixture with the other hand. Dredge eggplant into breadcrumbs using the first hand, coating well.
3. Place breaded eggplant on baking sheet. Bake until golden brown on the bottom, 20 10 25 minutes. Turn slices, continuing to bake until browned on opposite side, 20 to 25 minutes.
4. Turn up oven to 400 degrees F. Stack 3 eggplant rounds with a tablespoon of sauce between the layers. Top with a tablespoon mozzarella. Bake stacks until cheese is bubbling, 5-10 minutes.
5. Serve with a extra tomato sauce for dipping. Enjoy!
Serving Size: 1 eggplant stack
Nutrition Information per Serving: 183 calories, 3.5 grams total fat, 1.2 grams of saturated fat, 27 grams carbohydrate, 7.2 grams fiber, 13.4 grams protein, 612 milligrams sodium, 672 milligrams potassium, 9 grams sugar
Recipe adapted from: