6 Pantry Staples for Quick Nutritious Meals
Spinach and Black Bean Quesadillas
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen spinach, cooked and drained
1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
2 tablespoons fajita seasoning
8 (8 inch) tortillas
8 oz. shredded Mexican blend cheese or Monterey Jack
4 green onions (both white and green parts), chopped
1. In a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the onions and garlic and stir well to evenly distribute the oil. Cook until the onions are tender, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the cooked spinach and black beans and cook for 5 minutes. Add the fajita seasoning and mix well.
3. Lay 1 tortilla on a skillet over medium heat. Add shredded cheese, then the spinach and black bean mixture.
4. Sprinkle with chopped green onions and another sprinkle of shredded cheese and lay the top tortilla on top of the cheese.
5. Cook for 3-4 minutes, then flip and cook a few minutes more, until browned.
Repeat with the remaining tortillas, then cut the quesadillas into slices.
Serving Size: 1 quesadilla
Nutrition Information per Serving: 613 calories, 25 grams total fat, 10 grams of saturated fat, 70 grams carbohydrate, 15 grams fiber, 28 grams protein, 609 milligrams sodium, 1112 milligrams potassium, 20 grams sugar