- Steak. Rare 120°F, medium rare 130°F, medium 140°F, medium well 150°F, well done 160°F.
- Pork, lamb, and veal chops, and roasts 145°F.
- Ground meats 160°F.
- Poultry 165°F.
4 Romaine hearts, washed and split in half
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup Parmesan, shaved
1 lemon, cut into wedges
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat grill to medium heat.
2. Brush romaine with olive oil and grill for 4-5 minutes or until evenly brown on each side.
3. Remove from grill. You can serve them whole or chopped.
4. Top with remaining olive oil and squeeze of lemon juice, Parmesan and salt and pepper to taste.
5. Add grilled protein of choice and starchy side to make it a meal. Enjoy!
Serving Size: 1 romaine heart
Nutrition Information per Serving: 79.8 calories, 5.4 grams total fat, 1.8 grams of saturated fat, 4.6 grams carbohydrate, 2.1 grams fiber, 3.9 grams protein, 132.4 milligrams sodium, 26.2 milligrams potassium, 1.5 grams sugar
Recipe adapted from: