Local Rhode Island Summer Farmers Markets
- Haines Park Farmers Market in Barrington. Wednesdays 2-6 pm, May – October.
- Miantonomi Farmers Market. Monday 2-6 pm, opens July 6th.
- Mount Hope Market at Mount Hope Farm. Saturday 9-1 pm, May- October.
- Schoolyard Farmers Market at Hope and Main in Warren. Sundays 10-2 pm, June – October.
- Goddard Park Farmers Market in Warwick. Fridays 9-1 pm, May – October
- Greene Farmers Market at Greene Public Library. Tuesday 4-6 pm, June – October.
- West Warwick Farmers Market at Thundermist Health Center. Wednesdays 3-6 pm, opens July 1st.
- Aquidneck Growers Market at Pell Elementary School. Saturday 9-12 pm, May – September.
- Aquidneck Growers Wednesday Market at Memorial Blvd. Wednesday 2-6 pm, June – October.
- Jamestown Farmers Market at Jamestown Recreation Center. Mondays 3-6:30 pm, June 29th – September.
- Armory at Dexter Training Ground Park. Thursday 3:30-7 pm, opens June 4th.
- Blackbird Farm Farmers Market in Smithfield. Sundays 10-1 pm, and Fridays 4-7 pm, opens June 14th.
- Broad Street Farmers Market at the Algonquin House. Saturdays 8-11:30 am, opens June 20th.
- Burrillville Farmers Market at Stillwater Mill Complex. Saturday 9:30-12:30pm, June – September.
- Burrillville Thursday Market at Burrillville Town Common. Thursday 4-7 pm, June – September.
- Central Falls Farmers Market on 559 Dexter Street. Wednesdays 3-6 pm, opens July 7th.
- Cranston Whole Foods at Garden City Farmers Market. Tuesdays 3-7 pm, June – November.
- Hope Street Saturday Farmers Market at Lippitt Park. Saturdays 9-1 pm, May-October.
- Knight Farm Farmers Market in North Scituate. Sundays 12-3 pm, May – October.
- Market Mobile at Hope Artiste Village. Monday 7-11 am and Thursday 7-11 am, June – October.
- Neutaconkanut Park Farmers Market. Monday 3-6 pm, open July 6th.
- North Providence Farmers Market at North Providence High School. Fridays 3-6:30 pm, June – August.
- North Scituate at Route 116 Art Festival Grounds. Saturday 9-12 pm, May – October.
- Pawtuxet Village Farmers Market in Cranston Saturdays. 9-12pm, May – October.
- Pawtucket Market behind Harvest Kitchen. Wednesday 3-6 pm, opens July 1st.
- Weaver Library Farmers Market – East Providence. Thursdays 4-7 pm, opens July 9th.
- Woonsocket Farmers Market at Thundermist Health Center. Tuesday 3-6 pm, opens July 7th.
- Block Island Market at Legion Park. Saturday 9-11:30 am, opens June 20th.
- Block Island Wednesday Market at Spring House Hotel Garden. Wednesday 9-11:30 am, opens June 24th.
- Charlestown Land Trust Farmers Market at Church of the Holy Spirit. Fridays 9:30-1pm, June 26th – August.
- Fishermen’s Park Farmers Market in Narragansett. Sundays 9-1 pm, May – October.
- Saunderstown Coastal Growers Market at Casey Farm. Saturday 8:30 – 12:30 pm, May – October.
- South Kingston Market at URI East Farm. Saturday 8:30-12:30 pm, May – October.
- Wakefield/Marina Park Farmers Market. Tuesdays 2-6 pm, May – October.
- Weekapaug Farmers Market at Weekapaug Fire District Office. Friday 8:30-11:30 am, opens June 30th.
- Westerly/Pawcatuck Market at Westerly Ice Rink. Thursday 10-1 pm, opens June 11th.
- Wickford Village Farmers Market at Town Parking Lot. Thursday 1-5 pm, opens June 15th.
- This service allows you to order from the farmers you love online. Use this link to create an account: https://guide.farmfreshri.org/manage/
- You can have these items delivered if you live in Providence, Pawtucket or East bay. Or pick up at the Hope Street Aritste Village in Pawtucket.
- Orders can be placed Monday for pickup or delivery on Friday, and Thursday for pick up or deliver on Tuesday.
2 cups whole wheat Israeli or pearl couscous
2 and 3/4 cup of water
4 Al Fresco sweet Italian chicken sausages
1 cup jarred sun dried tomatoes, chopped, reserve oil
1 cup cherry tomatoes, diced
2 teaspoon oil from jar of sun dried tomatoes
1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 Tablespoon freshly chopped basil
Salt to season
1/4 cup Goat cheese crumbles
1. Cook couscous first. Boil water in a medium sauce pan over high heat. Add couscous and lower heat to low. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until al dente and water is absorbed.
2. While couscous is cooking, slice chicken sausage. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat.
3. Cook chicken sausage for 2-4 minutes on each side or until caramelized.
4. In a large bowl, mix together sun dried tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, oil, balsamic vinegar and basil.
5. Add couscous and chicken sausage to bowl with tomatoes. Mix to combine and season with salt to taste.
6. Serve with 1 Tablespoon of goat cheese and balsamic glaze.
Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe and 1 Tablespoon of goat cheese
Nutrition Information per Serving: 434 calories, 18 grams total fat, 5 grams of saturated fat, 44 grams carbohydrate, 6 grams fiber, 28 grams protein, 475 milligrams sodium, 1297 milligrams potassium, 3 grams sugar
Recipe adapted from: