4 Ways to Help Reduce Blood Pressure
|Salmon Salad with Summer Vegetables|
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
2 teaspoon mustard
1 teaspoon sugar
1 fresh lemon
1 salmon fillet (about 1 pound)
Salt and pepper
4 yukon gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
2 ears corn
1 cup green beans, trimmed chopped into 1 inch pieces
1 cup cherry tomatoes
1 cucumber, peeled seeded and chopped
5-6 scallions, chopped
2 tablespoon chopped cilantro
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Whisk together the ingredients for the vinaigrette in a small bowl.
3. To make the salmon, sprinkle fillet with salt and pepper and roast in a foil lined dish for about 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to boil. Steam the potatoes until a knife through them has no resistance, about 10 min. Remove potatoes and place in a large serving bowl. Add the corn to the same pot of water boil for 4 minutes, then remove to a cutting board. Allow to cool and slice off the kernels, then add to the serving bowl. Add green beans to the same pot of water and cook for 3 minutes, then remove and add to the serving bowl.
5. Add the tomatoes, cucumbers, scallions, cilantro, and salmon to the bowl. Toss with vinaigrette and serve.
Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
Nutrition Information per Serving: 594 calories, 34 grams total fat, 5 grams of saturated fat, 43 grams carbohydrate, 6 grams fiber, 28 grams protein, 166milligrams sodium, 1738 milligrams potassium, 8 grams sugar
Recipe adapted from: